Welcome!

This is a blog that we use to post news on our translation of "Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love". For those who don't know, it is a sequel to Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. Rupeeland was released in English, but Balloon Trip of Love wasn't.

This is an unofficial fan project. We are in no way affiliated with Nintendo or Vanpool, and are doing this completely for free.

Monday, August 10, 2015

A very personal milestone

Hello everyone, this is waldrumpus!

Today, I'd like to report the progress made on the localization of Tingle's Love Balloon Trip in the last few months. This announcement is pretty emotional for me, so you maybe want to get out those handkerchiefs, you know, just in case.

When I joined this project in August 2014, I started playing the game from the beginning. The goal was to try and localize everything I encounter on a straight path through the game. After that one quick playthrough, get to the rest of the material.

Well, it turned out that this "quick playthrough" took a lot longer than expected. Working on the project mostly on the weekends, progress was very - sometimes dishearteningly - slow. On the other hand, this way of doing things had some benefits, as seeing the lines in the context of the game makes them so much easier to understand than just freely floating in a text file. On top of that, although it was slow going, playing through the game in a linear fashion provided a way of measuring how far I'd come, and eventually a light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel effect.

I could use some of that


Today I'm pleased to announce that the playthrough has been completed, almost exactly one year after it's been started. This is a huge motivational boost for me, and I vow to redouble my efforts to get this game localized! (disclaimer: efforts may or may not be redoubled. actual results may vary)

Steady progress has been made throughout this time, and we're now at an estimated 35% completion of the entire game script (woot). Furthermore, some of the other team members are working on localizing the graphics that need it, such as signs, buttons, the title screen, etc.

Thanks for sticking with me through this rather lengthy post; but as I said, it's packed with emotion, and I hope to have transferred some of the optimism I'm feeling today to you.

See you next update, be safe and be awesome!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    Glad to see it goes foreward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanna say keep up the good work, and show by this comment that some people DO follow this blog,and are very much looking forward to the completion of this project :). The DS in particular could use so many more projects like this one. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Did you intentionally start this post trying to make us think you'd canceled it? Because you succeeded, which only made this even better news after I kept reading.

    Thanks for putting in the work on this and keep on being awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations for the job! I write from Spain, and i hope we can play in English the game, my girlfriend to!

    Thank you for the big job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hell yeah, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete